HTML Bits Sticky Post

This post is also the first post - did you see, I made it a sticky post by putting the text into a text module!

HTML Bits is about the little bits of code you might forget.

I'm only a novice with HTML - I know that we have moved on, (well, at least every one else has), to using XHTML and style sheets, as well as JAVA. Well, I don't know much about all the tech stuff, I'll admit, but the point here is not to try and teach you HTML, but just to keep my notes of the HTML that I do need.

In true form, I find that the same stuff I need to remember, is the same stuff my friends always ask me about.

Things like; How do you structure a simple URL link code in a web page or blog, so that it displays in the mouse hover over pop-up when you hover over some text?

How do you make a URL link open the link in a new tab, when visitors left click on your hyper-text link?

How do you make a link no-follow, and why)?

I know these and other questions may be basic to those geeks that can speak techno, but for geeks like me, even when I find out how to do something, I can never remember how to do it again if I don't use it all of the time. Also, even if I write it down, I cannot locate the info when I need it.

I needed to show a friend No-Follow today, (I do know how to do it), its just that I was not sure on the exact position and layout of the code. I don't want to mess-up someones blog or website, so I had to say I'll tell them later.

To this end, I've started this blog, mainly for myself so that I have a place to keep all my bits of code.

However, now you can benefit too, if your are unsure of the code. Be careful, I might make the odd mistake or two, so I want to say now, If anything goes wrong with the information I show you anywhere on this blog, I don't want to be held responsible.

Use this info at your own risk! But, if it is here, it worked for me, simple as that!

Happy and safe coding!

AndyGold

TAGS: HTML, HTML Code,

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Standard URL Link code

A standard URL link looks like this.

http://html-bits.blogspot.com/    or this   http://www.html-bits.blogspot.com/

You can have text that says "This is the HTML-Bits Website Link." with the URL linked to this text.




You can place it into code like this below.  Notice the word BLANK, this means open the link in a new tab!

<a href="http://html-bits.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">This is the HTML-Bits Website Link.</a>

==============
If you were to put the word TOP in, instead of BLANK, then the link would open in the same tab!


<a href="http://html-bits.blogspot.com/" target="_top">This is the HTML-Bits Website Link.</a>

AndyGold.

Image of this posts text below, in case some browsers convert the HTML to its view setting!
So, you can still read the post.



A Standard URL Link - http://www.html-bits.blogspot.com/
AndyGold.

© AndyGold 2011
Share/Bookmark




Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Protection Software

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to keep to clear, clean and concise comments only.
Thank you for your comment, it is very welcome.